If you are a kitchen newbie or a frustrated cook, grilling can already be a pain. Added to that, there are already a lot of electronic grilling machines in the market that can add up to your confusion.
You also might be thinking to go to a cooking class but your schedule is always tight, so you probably won’t give it a try. But let me tell you, my friend, now isn’t the time to give up your kitchen dream!
How Long to Cook Chicken in a George Foreman?
While window-shopping at a department store, I came across this grilling machine called George Foreman Grill and it caught my attention.
Apparently, this line of products is being promoted by the former boxing champ, George Foreman. They got these series of the machine that would help every aspiring and frustrated chef in the kitchen.
Out of my curiosity over this machine, I got my own unit over Amazon (yes, they sell online too!). I was planning to have a sort of grill night with my friends, but then, I asked myself, how long to cook chicken on george foreman?
So if you are thinking about having that zesty piece of chicken meat and impress someone, you might really consider investing in this grilling machine. Or if you happen to have one already, let me reveal to you how long to cook chicken on George Foreman grill.
Let Us First Begin On How To Use This Grill:
Step 1: Prepare your George Foreman Grill
- Make sure that your grill plates are clean. Wipe it with a cloth or damp sponge to remove dust or residue marked by previous cooking.
- Place grill on a steady surface, leaving enough space so that air can flow through at the back of the grill and not damage your kitchen cabinets and surfaces. Yikes!
Step 2: Lock In The Dip Tray
- Don’t forget to place the dip tray is sloped in the front section of the grill, or else you’ll end messing that surface with grease.
Step 3: Preheat The Grill
- Close the cover of your grill and plug it in your nearest outlet.
- A preheat indicator light will guide you as in turns on telling you that the equipment has started heating.
- The preheat indicator light will turn on and off while you are grilling. It just means that the grill is maintaining its temperature.
- There are a lot of food blogs that say 5 to 7 minutes is enough for preheating.
Step 4: Grill
- Always use a kitchen mitt to carefully open your preheated grill.
- Lightly grease the grill surface by brushing it with cooking oil (vegetable oil will do).
Putting a little bit of grease will make your non-stick surface last longer and prevent your food to initially stick on the grilling surface as it is already preheated.
Minimize as much as possible to use of aerosol cooking sprays because there are chemical products called propellants, which aid the cooking oil to come out of the can.
· Now you can add the food you fancy to cooking. Take note that your grill can only hold on to two servings, so do not overload it.
· Close the cover and follow the meat grilling chart in your manual. Please do not leave your machine unattended at all times.
· If you want to achieve those admirable grill lines on your meat, put light pressure on the grill cover. Take note – light.
· The grill chart on your manual should tell you when your grilling time ends. But if you want to cook a little longer, use a kitchen timer to add some more minutes.
· Once grilling is done, use the spatula provided in your grilling machine and carefully open the lid to transfer your food to the desired plate. Refrain from using metal utensils when getting food from your grilling machines, such as forks, skewers, or metal spatulas because these will scratch the surface of your grill!
· Finally allow the machine to fully cool before detaching the drip.
Now let’s deal with this question: How long to cook chicken on a George Foreman Grill?
There are two chicken cuts that the George Foreman grill suggests on its manual. Both cuts should be boneless, means it should be filleted and skinless, such that skin would easily burn on the grill.
1. Chicken Breast
Ideally, the chicken breast should weigh, 8 ounces or 226 grams. If you don’t have a kitchen scale at home, have the poultry guys at the supermarket portion it for you.
Chicken breast fillet should be cooked between 11 to 13 minutes. Yes, it is advisable for you to have a kitchen timer.
Cooked chicken breast fillet should have an internal temperature between 165F to 170F. And of course, I encourage you to have a kitchen thermometer too!
2. Chicken Tenderloin / Thigh
Four to six pieces of chicken thigh fillet is ideal for one cooking on your George Foreman grill.
Chicken thigh fillet should be cooked between 4 to 6 minutes. Use your kitchen timer for this.
Cooked chicken thigh fillet should have an internal temperature between 165F to 170F. Use your meat thermometer! Anything that goes under and beyond that is quite dangerous.
So there you have it, cooking like a pro and beating off the question, how long to cook chicken on a George Foreman Grill. These cooking minutes sure sounds easy but always remember the conditions you need to take note of in order to get the best food experience you can have and for the people around you. By the way, you can also refer to this video tutorial.
If you have questions, comments, ideas, or even a recipe to share, please leave it here and we’ll give our best reply to it!
And a little bit of recap with the major steps:
Step 1: Prepare your George Foreman grill
Step 2: Lock in the drip tray
Step 3: Preheat the grill
Step 4: Grill